- Prepares, researches, maintains and processes documents. Selects and presents data. Determines and corrects errors
- Drafts correspondence. Inputs, updates and maintains data such as resident information (census, annual medicals and charts)
- Operates office equipment and computers utilizing a variety of software packages, applying speed and skill
- Prepares presentation materials, forms etc.
- Utilizes layout, formatting and keyboarding skills using computer
- Maintains filing and retrieval systems for records/documents (i.e. Resident statistics)
- Receives documents/applications, invoices/monies from other levels of government and ensures accuracy and completeness
- Issues/completes receipts/documentation
- Receives, balances and records payments and completes receipts
- Directs and/or guides and/or checks work of other staff.
- Responds to inquiries requiring broad knowledge of the operational area/function
- Co-ordinates meeting rooms, bookings and special requirements for meetings (i.e. arranging/scheduling hospital and clinic appointments for residents)
- Attends meeting, takes and transcribes minutes.
- Prepares, sorts, processes, collects, opens, distributes and delivers mail, cash, bank deposits.
- Monitors, orders and maintains supplies/resource materials for unit or other locations (i.e. distributes office and medical supplies to Nursing Units, delivers pharmaceutical orders to pharmacy)
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Experience using computers and a variety of software packages such as Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint), email.
- Experience creating and formatting documents, reports, charts, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Experience working with various filing systems and the management of large volumes of information both hard copy and electronic.
You must also have:
- Knowledge of medical/nursing terminology.
- Ability to effectively communicate and provide services to resident in both French and English
- Good verbal and written communication skills (in both French and English) with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to deal effectively and courteously with residents, families, general public and all levels of staff.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage work with minimal supervision and complete assigned duties within timelines.
- Ability to work well autonomously or within a group or team environment.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion and tact.
- Must be willing to participate in in-service education programs.
- Must be willing to work shift work, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- As a condition of employment with the Long-Term Care Homes & Services Division, selected candidates will be required to provide a satisfactory Police Reference Check (PRC) with vulnerable sector screening, tuberculosis screening and proof of immunization in accordance with the Long-Term Care Homes Act (O.Reg.79/10).
- All applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City’s hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job ID # and the job classification title.